Github user parthchandra commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/897

    In general, I'm not in favor of including large javascript files into the
code base, except where the JS might be getting deprecated or is not freely
downloadable from the web. Alternatively, we could download the required js
files as part of the build step.
    See this commit
(https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/891/commits/3779e8337692edcdbf0d2f1a1e0afbf1b6e5f255)

---