+1 for exploring adding this feature. We had a feature to dynamically change
log levels at runtime through the rest API in Apache Apex and it was very
helpful with debugging things.

________________________________
From: Paul Rogers <prog...@mapr.com>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 11:01:29 AM
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamically change logging levels for loggers

Hi Kunal,

Don’t know about rereading the config file, but I have had luck in the unit
test framework with adjusting log levels programmatically. (Tests turn on
interesting log levels for the duration of a single tests.) We might be able to
use that capability (provided by Logback) to make adjustments at run time.

- Paul