GitHub user dprofeta opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/976

    DRILL-5797: Choose parquet reader from read columns

    ParquetRecordReader is not able to read complex columns. However it is
    able to read simple columns in a file containing complex
    columns. Instead of looking at the file to choose the reader, we
    now choose which reader to use based on what columns is asked and if
    they are simple or not.

    $ git pull https://github.com/dprofeta/drill DRILL-5797

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/976.patch

    This closes #976

----
commit 9669dd2c0c61e56c76bc9939c4f1c01aab908baf