Github user vvysotskyi commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/972

    @paul-rogers, Thanks for the so informative comments, I completely agree
with the convention that you have proposed.
    The problem which this PR is addressed, partially connected to the third
point:

    > When calling back out to the external system, the interface (plugin) must
convert from Drill format back out to the external system format.

    MaprDB uses `FieldPath` class to represent the field. Since the string,
that is received in the method `JsonConditionBuilder.createJsonScanSpec()` from
`SchemaPath` instance will be parsed using `org.ojai.FieldPath.parseFrom()`
method, to avoid any ambiguousness, I converted `SchemaPath` to `FieldPath` and
then called `FieldPath.asPathString()`.

---