- Downloaded the source tarball from [2] on my Linux VM, built and ran all
unit tests successfully.
- Downloaded the binary tarball onto my Macbook, untarred and ran Drill in
embedded mode
- Ran a few sanity test queries  against a TPC-DS SF1 data set.
- Examined the run-time query profiles of these queries with and without
parallelism.  Checked DEBUG logs for couple of queries.
- Checked the maven artifacts on [3].

LGTM  +1 (binding)

-Aman