Hi All,
Anyone available to review PR #1112? It is another step in committing the final
result set loader revisions.
Recall that we more-or-less decided to commit the remaining work as a series of
small PRs rather than a single huge one. [1] This does require quite a bit of
work to constantly rebase on master, and to redevelop each partial PR so it
works by itself. This is done to ease reviews. But, the cost is that there are
more PRs, and the schedule is more sensitive to the "aging" delays before
someone starts reviewing a PR.
We've also discussed Salim's intent to re-implement some of this work for
Parquet (at least the part that limits batch size). That intent may come, in
part, because it appears easier to just do new code rather than wait for the
existing code to be committed. Would be great if we could redirect some of that
new-code effort into reviews of the existing stuff so it can be used.
- Paul
[1]  https://github.com/paul-rogers/drill/wiki/BH-Code-Intro#pull-request-plan