Hi Drill Devs,
the Apache board report for Drill for the Nov-Feb quarter is due soon.
Here's a draft. If you have any comments, let me know. I plan to submit
- Drill is a Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
- Since the last board report, Drill has released version 1.12.0. The
following is a partial list of
new features/enhancements that were added in addition to many other bug
- Kafka and OpenTSDB Storage Plugins.
- Queue-Based memory assignment for buffering operators (Throttling).
- Networking Functions.
- SSL Support.
- Network Encryption Support.
- System options improvements, including a new internal system options
- Access to paths outside the current workspace.
- Drill completed a substantial effort to rebase on Apache Calcite 1.15
was using Calcite 1.4 along with several cherry-picked changes on top).
An upcoming release 1.13 will contain the result of this work.
## Health report:
- The project is healthy. Development activity as reflected in the pull
requests and JIRAs
is good. Activity on the dev mailing list continues to be strong.
Activity on the user mailing
list had a decline compared to prior reporting period possibly due to
the holiday season.
Two new committers and one new PMC member were added in the last period.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 19 PMC members.
- Paul Rogers was added to the PMC on Mon Jan 29 2018
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 40 committers.
- New commmitters:
- Boaz Ben-Zvi was added as a committer on Tue Dec 12 2017
- Vitalii Diravka was added as a committer on Sat Dec 09 2017
- 1.12.0 was released on Thu Dec 14 2017
## Mailing list activity:
- 445 subscribers (down -6 in the last 3 months):
- 2185 emails sent to list (2665 in previous quarter)
- 19 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 2993 emails sent to list (3486 in previous quarter)
- 612 subscribers (down -4 in the last 3 months):
- 186 emails sent to list (435 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 195 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 124 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months