Github user kr-arjun commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1011

    @paul-rogers  I was able to resolve this issue by workaround of setting
'yarn.timeline-service.enabled' to false ( Copied yarn-site.xml with this
property set to $DRILL_SITE directory).

    This issue is specific to environment where Timeline server is enabled.
Initially , it failed with 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/jersey/api/client/config/ClientConfig'. On copying required jars to
Drill classpath , it failed with exception I have shared in the previous
attachment. The same issue is reported in Spark as well
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-15343). To find the error stack
trace, I had to modify the DrillOnYarn.java to print StackTrace. Thought it
would be useful if stack trace can be logged for troubleshooting purpose.

---