GitHub user arina-ielchiieva opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1152

    DRILL-6199: Add support for filter push down and partition pruning wi…

    …th several nested star sub-queries

    Re-written original solution to apply rule on later stages when we work
with Drill rels rather then with Calcite rels. With several nested sub-queries
we end up with several projects each for sub-query: Filter - Project .... -
Scan. When applying rule with Drill rels, other rules will take care of such
intermediate projects and we end up checking only three cases: Project - Scan,
Filter - Scan, Filter - Project - Scan.

    $ git pull https://github.com/arina-ielchiieva/drill DRILL-6199

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1152.patch

    This closes #1152

----
commit ae64b3f5afbfe779d297e568c5228a443737b449
Author: Arina Ielchiieva <arina.yelchiyeva@...>
Date:   2018-03-04T20:12:06Z

    DRILL-6199: Add support for filter push down and partition pruning with
several nested star sub-queries

----

---