GitHub user sachouche opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1168

    DRILL-6246: Reduced the size of the jdbc-all jar file

    - The jdbc-all client jar has been growing in size from version to the next
(~20MB in version 1.10, ~27MB in version 1.12, and 34MB in version 1.13
    - Note the exact size of the size depends on the maven profile used during
compilation (e.g., "mapr" which have more excludes)
    - Originally, I tried to exclude the following calcite/avatica packages
(responsible for the recent size increase): metrics, proto, org/apache/,
com/fasterxml, com/google but some tests failed as the calcite code was
referencing some of them
    - In this pull request, I have excluded the following packages:
calcite/avatica/org and calcite/avatica/metrics

    $ git pull https://github.com/sachouche/drill DRILL-6246

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1168.patch

    This closes #1168

----
commit 6b6188a6c1677595c479f67fc2e33af091c36818
Author: Salim Achouche <sachouche2@...>
Date:   2018-03-14T02:16:06Z

    DRILL-6246: Reduced the size of the jdbc-all jar file

----

---