Hi All,

I am wrapping up a unit testing doc here
https://github.com/ilooner/drill/blob/DRILL-6249/docs/DevDocs.md which expands
on the unit testing presentation here
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YwURHUQRwPYH6d9AU6sF-O_shOKMraMG6KZnRy0ePaM/edit?usp=sharing
 .

I'd also like to propose adding the unit testing documentation along with other
developer docs to the Drill master repo itself as markdown documents in the
./docs folder. There are several

advantages to doing this:

  *   The markdown docs are rendered nicely on github and in your IDE through
the use of a markdown plugin.
  *   You can link directly to source files inside a markdown doc with this
strategy.
  *   The developer documentation is versioned and updated with the code.
  *   Developer's only have to deal with one repo for both code and
documentation changes.

Other projects like Apache Apex, Apache Spark, Apache Kudu and others also
utilize the markdown docs folder strategy. See here:

  *   https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/master/docs
  *   https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/docs
  *   <https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/master/docs>
https://github.com/apache/kudu/tree/master/docs