You can do it through SQL using typeof() function.  Since there is no
global schema, Drill evaluates this for each row.

0: jdbc:drill:drillbit=10.10.101.41> select n_name, typeof(n_name) as
name_type, n_nationkey, typeof(n_nationkey) as nationkey_type from
cp.`tpch/nation.parquet` limit 2;

*| **  n_name  ** | **name_type ** | **n_nationkey ** | **nationkey_type **
|*

*| *ALGERIA   * | *VARCHAR   * | *0           * | *INT            * |*

*| *ARGENTINA * | *VARCHAR   * | *1           * | *INT            * |*