If I understand correctly, he was using the character ・

Different languages have different symbols.

The same thing can be said about the Chinese equivalent 。

The characters ・and 。 are entirely different from the "."
Not sure whether this needs to be fixed. If I am not completely
misunderstanding something, he will also fail if he attempts to use that
character (in place of ".") in programming languages (Java, C, ..).

Regards,
Pradeeban.

--
Pradeeban Kathiravelu.
Senior Systems Software Engineer, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA.

Blog: [Llovizna] kkpradeeban.blogspot.com
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kpradeeban