James,

- I don't think you've attached the log file
- What do you mean by the "UI times out"? does the timeout occur within the
JDBC client?

Meanwhile, can you check the following timeouts:
- drill.exec.rpc.user.timeout (default: 30s);
- drill.exec.rpc.bit.timeout (default: is 300s)

Make sure a) you didn't change them accidentally and b) you might try to
increase the user timeout and see if it helps.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Salim