You can try looking for existing unit tests that look up the classpath to see
where the resource might need to be.

You probably want it here: <module>/src/test/resources/
For e.g., a lot of java-exec module's test files are here :
drill/exec/java-exec/src/test/resources

https://github.com/apache/drill/tree/master/exec/java-exec/src/test/resources