1.16 is slated to come out in a couple of months. But if the feature makes it
in sooner, you can always build Drill from the master branch if you cnanot wait
until the release.

~ Kunal
On 2/11/2019 5:32:55 PM, Nai Yan. <zhaon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for you information. That's great. Hope for v 1.16. By the way, when
will it come out?

Nai Yan

From: Kunal Khatua
Date: 2019-02-12 01:56
To: dev@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance issue when query from web console.
Hi Nai Yan

The issue you are seeing is because when interacting through the WebUI, there
is an added step of converting your query's resultset into a JSON document and
that needs to be then sent back to your browser for rendering as a table.Of
course, browsers themselves are usually single threaded (per tab), so that will
also consume time in rendering the JSON as a table. If response time is
critical, using a JDBC driver-based tool like SQuirreL or DBeaver is
recommended.

If you prefer the web-browser, a good question to ask yourself is whether you
REALLY need the entire, say 10,000 records, when all you will actually go
through on the browser is 1000 or so. If you don't intend to read all of the
data, a simple way is to wrap your query with a 'LIMIT' clause.

We're currently working on adding a feature that would do this for you
automatically, so that WebUI's get more responsive and will be part of 1.16.

~ Kunal
On 2/11/2019 6:51:32 AM, Charles Givre wrote:
I would definitely recommend updating to the latest version.
— C