Hi Ted,
That probably would solve the issue for the user. However what's happening is
that certain JDBC DBs (Oracle) are returning data types that Drill does not
support and the queries are failing with a validation error.  IMHO, there
should be some way to either tell Drill that this weird field is a specific
datatype or something so that the user can access the data.
It seemed as if Vova proposed a solution to Calcite but it was never adopted.
I'm wondering if there's some way that we can either extend that class, or
somehow catch the exception which is being thrown and fix the issue.
Best,
-- C