Hi All,

I look at any tool as a cost/benefit tradeoff. If Drill were a typical
business app, with lots of "data objects", then the hassle of Lomboc might
be a net win. However, the nature of Drill is that we have very few data
objects. We have lots of Protobuf objects, or Jackson-serialized objects,
but not too many data objects of the kind used with object-relational
mappers.

On the other hand, I had to spend an hour or so trying to figure out why
things would not build in Eclipse. Then, more time to figure out how to
install the half-finished Lomboc plugin for Eclipse and various other
fiddling.

So, I'd guess, on balance, Lombok has cost, and will continue to cost, more
time than it saved avoiding a few getter/setter methods. And, I agree with
Ted, Eclipse (and, I assume IntelliJ), is pretty quick at generating those
methods.

Since Lomboc has a cost, and is not a huge win, KISS suggests we avoid
adding extra dependencies unnecessarily.

That's my 2 cents...

- Paul