Hi Prashant,

Kafka indexing service is still an experimental feature and has been being
actively developed. There might be some issues because of the fast and
active development. I think 'taskDuration' is one of such issues.

When kafka indexing service was first introduced, it was not capable of
incremental handoff and 'taskDuration' was the only way to publish segments
generated by kafka index tasks.

Incremental handoff of kafka index tasks is fairly new feature introduced
in 0.12.0 which is our latest release. So, there might be some more issues
including the one you pointed out.

The issue of 'taskDuration' might be solved by running kafka index tasks
forever instead of running new tasks per 'taskDuration'. To do so, as Parag
pointed out, some issues should be addressed first like incremental
uploading task logs. Do you have any idea to fix this issue? I will happily
help you.

Jihoon

2018년 4월 5일 (목) 오전 10:35, Prashant Deva <prashant.d...@gmail.com>님이 작성: