Hi Gian,

Thanks for following up. I have submitted a patch:
https://github.com/druid-io/druid/pull/5595.

Whoever is the right owner please take a look - let me know if i should @ a
specific person and i can do that.


Thanks,
pala



On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Gian Merlino <g...@imply.io> wrote:

> Hi Pala,
>
> That sounds like a bug to me - a patch would be welcome!
>
> Btw, since we are trying to migrate the dev mailing list to Apache, please
> cross post this sort of thing with d...@druid.incubator.apache.org, or
> even only post to that list.
>
> Gian
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:43 PM, 'Pala Muthiah' via Druid Development <
> druid-developm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Anybody have insight on the below? Curious to know if there would be
>> unforeseen side effects if we count even partial overlap as valid.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:54 AM, pala.muthiah via Druid Development <
>> druid-developm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In our deployment, we enabled background segment merging and found that
>>> some of the data within the load period was actually getting dropped.
>>>
>>> My suspicion was that when a merged segment only partially overlaps with
>>> a period (e.g: Rule says keep data from Jan 1st onwards, and i have a
>>> segment that spans Dec 25th - Jan 2nd), for correctness that segment should
>>> be kept but current implementation seems to drop it.
>>>
>>> I checked the code and found indeed Rules.eligibleForLoad() only keeps
>>> segments that overlap fully.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug, or is there other reason behind this? In our case, we do
>>> have data sources that are highly aggregated and therefore a single segment
>>> could span a month for example.
>>>
>>> I can submit a patch but wanted to get proper context.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> pala
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
>>> Google Groups "Druid Development" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/to
>>> pic/druid-development/QYMhjGup2RI/unsubscribe.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
>>> druid-development+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to druid-developm...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
>>> gid/druid-development/d8e3df1d-699e-4747-a681-ebba91327388%4
>>> 0googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/druid-development/d8e3df1d-699e-4747-a681-ebba91327388%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Druid Development" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to druid-development+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to druid-developm...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
>> gid/druid-development/CALxr%3D2Wo9KKTYmFjbusc%2BsU0dt7K4k%3D
>> P4JQX1T0sFe%3DLbBHXAA%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/druid-development/CALxr%3D2Wo9KKTYmFjbusc%2BsU0dt7K4k%3DP4JQX1T0sFe%3DLbBHXAA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "Druid Development" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> topic/druid-development/QYMhjGup2RI/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> druid-development+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to druid-developm...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> msgid/druid-development/CACZNdYDNQNMmuxZ67Uk5q%3DwzK92EvqtozLW%
> 2BeK1cm8OaaYoR4Q%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/druid-development/CACZNdYDNQNMmuxZ67Uk5q%3DwzK92EvqtozLW%2BeK1cm8OaaYoR4Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

Reply via email to