There has been some back-channel discussion about the web site.

Druid has a good and successful web site outside of Apache, namely druid.io
<http://druid.io/>. We cannot start transitioning that site until the legal IP
transfer has completed. In the mean time, we were left without a web site:
requests to http://druid.apache.org/ <http://druid.apache.org/> and
http://druid.incubator.apache.org/ <http://druid.incubator.apache.org/> would
receive an HTTP 404.

Gian has created a simple web site in Apache that has hyperlinks to druid.io
<http://druid.io/> and references the current user list
druid-u...@googlegroups.com <mailto:druid-u...@googlegroups.com>. Links to
outside Apache regarded as a breach of Apache branding policy and are frowned
upon; but as a mentor I totally understand why they are necessary: Druid has a
great community, and we must protect that community during the transition to
Apache.

The current web site is good enough for the short-term, but let’s get a proper
branding-compliant web site up and running as soon as we can. Let’s make it one
of the “top three” tasks listed in each board report.

I see [1] that Gian is pushing to move traffic from druid-...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:druid-...@googlegroups.com> to this dev list. That effort is most
welcome, also.

Julian