I asked in our original Infra ticket to adjust the mailing lists:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16674?focusedCommentId=16535589&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16535589

Unfortunately setting up filters proved challenging in Gmail (gitbox sets a
custom header that could be used in theory, but Gmail doesn't support
filtering on arbitrary headers). I'm doing something like this now, in case
it proves useful for anyone else:
https://gist.github.com/gianm/0eb410915c02e3844e11235172894c62 (it's a gist
because the filters are partially based on content, and if paste them in
this message, they'll catch it as a false positive gitbox mail…)