Tranquility isn't an Apache project (yet?). It is one of Druid's companion
projects, like pydruid and RDruid, that live in separate git repos with an
independent release process. What is being voted on is the latest commit in
github. Unlike Druid we have typically not done release candidates or very
formal release processes in general for the companion projects. They have a
smaller feel to them and some of them have just a single maintainer, or
even no active maintainer.

It might make sense to migrate some or all them to Apache at some point.
There hasn't been much discussion about it so I am not sure if there is
really consensus on what to do about them. For now I guess we are
continuing with the 'classic' process for them.