To clarify about the mitigations: the "-Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true"
mitigation that has been floating around the Internet is *not effective*
for log4j 2.8.2, which was used by Druid 0.22.0 and other recent versions.
If you are going to stay on an older version of Druid, do not use this
mitigation. Instead, use one of the two that we mention in our advisory.

(But upgrading is best!)