I'm very interested in 20183 and will be trying to make time to review it.
I haven't had a chance to consider the other one yet.

Gian

On 2026-09-23 14:40 UTC Frank Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Although the Druid 38 release is still in progress, I’d like to start
> discussing two feature areas I’m hoping to complete for Druid 39.
> Both have foundational PRs that would benefit from review now, since the
> follow-up work builds on them.
> 
> - #20183 <https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/20183> — Add native query
> support for system tables establishes an opt-in native query path for
> supported system tables, with sys.server_properties as the initial
> implementation.
> With this support, performance of point queries on sys.tasks and analytic
> queries on sys.segments can be maximized, and ALL native functions can be
> applied to system tables.
> I expect roughly 6 follow-up PRs to extend support to other tables,
> including sys.tasks and sys.segments.
> The bottom line here is that sys.tasks and sys.segments are included in the
> native query path.
> 
> - #20198 <https://github.com/apache/druid/pull/20198>— Add typed query
> context parameters introduces a centralized, strongly typed model for query
> context parameters.
> It migrates two parameters as a starting point and generates their
> documentation from code. Only with this support can we validate a parameter
> in a SET statement.
> I expect another 3 or 4 PRs to migrate the remaining parameters and add a
> sys.query_context_parameters system table.
> The bottom line here is to complete all parameter migration and have the
> SET statement validated.
> 
> I’d appreciate reviews and feedback on these foundational PRs, especially
> any design concerns or blockers that could affect the follow-up work.
> Please also share your thoughts on the scope and timing for Druid 39.
> 
> Thanks and regards.
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to