Hi,

> There is NO WAY to verify a binary. Even compiling from source to binary on
> your machine, and trying to compare against a target binary will generally
> fail since timestamps are embedded. Or maybe there are different compilers
> being used.

As per ASF policy a connivance binary can be release as the same time [1] and
it needs to comply with license and notice policy [2].

It usually very easy to check a binary (and I’ve done it 100’s of time) by
uncompress the jar or just editing it directly to see what is bundled inside it.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#compiled-packages
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary