> IMO, we should consider announce the end of life in the near future,
> say 1 year, and only support critical bug fix or security fix,

In fact, 2.5.x has been out of the community’s daily maintenance for a while.
And I think few users are still staying on this branch, this can be told from
the PRs and issues reported as really few issues were related to 2.5.x in the
past 5-6 months.

I think we should announce EOL plan ASAP and 3 months official buffer period
would be enough.

Jun