Github user garrettlish commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/pull/556

    Thx @haoch @RalphSu. I thought we set async for kafka producer and what we
need to change is using callback rather than future wait, it is wrong, thanks
for pointing out.

    I have updated the code to add kafka_client_config (list of name/value map)
to specify kafka producer configurations.

    By default, I only set producer.type=async.
    For batch.num.messages, queue.buffering.max.ms and
queue.buffering.max.messages, I think we can use kafka producer default
values.
    The only difference for default value is batch.num.messages, it is 200 if
not specified. Could u please share with us what is your reason to set it to
3000?

    the kafka producer properties could be defined in publish properties as
follows:
        {
                "name": "***",
                "properties" : {