I think cleanTest is fine.  I ran it and then reran tests & reports and
everything ran and had “current” times.

I hadn’t looked closely at: what you had below…

cleanTest doesn’t clean artifacts from non-test tasks, e.g.,
:connectors:wsclient:classes, so those tasks, that test depends on, will be
reported as UP-TO-DATE

There are a couple of components, e.g., :connectors:serial, that lack any tests
so there’s nothing to rebuild/rerun for them following cleanTest - they’re
reported UP-TO-DATE