Hi Samantha,

I have successfully launched an application on bluemix following your tutorial
for Smart Water Sprinkler:
https://github.com/IBMStreams/streamsx.waterConservation.starterKit/blob/master/com.ibm.streamsx.smartsprinkler.edgent/README.md

I have successfully been able to receive simulated readings.

Now , I want to get real readings from a moisture sensor.

There are 2 problems here :

1)      I have a Grove moisture sensor that maybe difficult to connect to a Pi.
But the I am not sure if the Edgent application can be written on any other iot
board ,except a Pi.

Though I have found a way to directly connect the grove sensor to Pi, I am not
too confident with this approach.

http://www.switchdoc.com/2016/02/tutorial-grove-connector-project-examples-for-raspberry-pi-arduino/

2)      I have an Arduino base shield on which many grove sensors can be
connected.

I can mount my shield(having the grove sensor connected ) on my Arduino uno .

After that , I can connect this entire Arduino setup to my raspberry Pi 3 via
Serial Communication.

Please guide me if it would be a good idea , to get the sensor readings from
the Arduino to the pi and then send them to the Edgent application(on the Pi)
for Edge computing.

I have to submit this solution by 7th July 2017.
Please help.

Regards,
Aarushi Mittal
IOT, Digital Transformation Team
[cid:image001.png@01D2C80A.F0430D40]
Sopra Steria
A-67, Sector 64
Noida 201301 - U.P. India
Mobile: +91-7065508866
aarushi.mit...@soprasteria.com<mailto:aarushi.mit...@soprasteria.com> -
www.soprasteria.in<http://www.soprasteria.in/>
 [cid:image002.gif@01CF42C0.CFE0E450]
The content of this message may be confidential, legally privileged and
protected by law. Unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be
unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and
remove it from your system. While attachments to this e-mail are checked for
viruses, we do not accept any liability for any damage sustained by viruses.
Before printing, think about the environment.