Thank you for your interest in Edgent!   I’d say the project is interested in
anything that may make Edgent more interesting / usable :-)

It’s perhaps me and my knowledge base but I’m having a difficult time
understanding what sort of enhancements you’re interested in adding and how
they would be presented to and utilized by an Edgent device or gateway device
application.

Yes, Edgent lacks a sensor or device data model and framework.  At a very high
level it sounds like you maybe proposing such a framework on top of base Edgent
capabilities that an application could utilize when publishing events
containing sensor data, and perhaps some set of device commands for updating a
device with aggregated readings from other device’s sensors?  The framework
might imply both a stylized use of event/command names and content.  Or maybe
the framework might imply the base Edgent IotDevice/GW to IoT hub event/command
communication model is insufficient and some additional communication model is
needed?

Is it practical / possible to sketch out some code demonstrating what an Edgent
device and/or gateway application utilizing these extensions might look like.
And/or maybe a list/sketch of the sort of new interfaces / classes / connectors
you imagine would help clarify things.

— Dale