Sooo … what’s the current state?

Do we need a vote on this to document the desire to create a new repo?

Chris

Am 08.11.17, 06:16 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    well there are several reasons, why I think separating the samples from the
framework is a good idea.

    1) It makes the repo a lot bigger and as you said overwhelming
    2) Usually people want to use Edgent and only a certain percentage also
want to contribute, build-time, complexity-to-setup, complexity-to-understand
etc. could scare people
    3) Usually Samples are a sort of playground … one that has to be
maintained. Would be unfortunate to have to wait to clean up sample code and
keep us from releasing.
    4) To be on the safe side, we should have to do the same duplication to
build the samples with java7 or java8 … usually a user just wants to build it
for one.

    Right now, the way the samples are included, when doing a full build, the
samples would always be built for java7 as this is the last profile defined.

    But that’s just my opinion.

    Chris