What would you think about eating some more Apache Dogfood?

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
    <artifactId>commons-math3</artifactId>
    <version>3.6.1</version>
</dependency>

Then we could use:

Precision.round(PI, 3);

Chris

Am 14.02.18, 22:09 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>:

    Hi,

    I’m currently working though some of the examples and encountered a problem:

    Code like this:
    nextValue = Double.valueOf(df.format(nextValue));

    Seems to not work correctly in Germany as we have a “,” as decimal
separator and “.” as grouping character.
    This results numbers like “10,3” being passed into Double.valueOf which
causes exceptions.

    If I change it to this:

    try {
        nextValue = df.parse(df.format(nextValue)).doubleValue();
    } catch (ParseException e) {
        // Ignore ...
    }

    It seems to do what the original codes intention was.

    What would be the cleanest way to solve this problem? I seem to be seeing
this pattern quite a lot and the try/catch solution sounds quite annoying with
all this try-catch handling.

    Chris