From: Sandeep Samudrala <sandys...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:29 AM
To: dev@falcon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to submit cluster definition

Can you attach whats on the server logs? Is Falcon server responding well
to simple listing?

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask questions, but the IRC channel
> is dead and I don't see a falcon-users list?
>
> Long story short, I'm on 0.10 and trying to get Falcon (distributed
> mode) working with CDH 5.8.2.  I've got things built and installed and
> I'm trying to submit my cluster definition but it keeps on failing:
>
> $ /falcon entity -submit -type cluster -file /etc/falcon/cluster.xml
> Hadoop home is set, adding libraries from
> '/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce//bin/hadoop classpath' into falcon
> classpath
> /usr/lib/falcon-server/bin/falcon-config.sh: line 75:
> /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce//bin/hadoop: No such file or directory
> SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/usr/lib/falcon-server/client/lib/falcon-cli-
> 0.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/usr/lib/falcon-server/client/lib/slf4j-
> log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/
> StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
> explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> FALCON_DEBUG: true
> POST http://localhost:16444/api/entities/submit/cluster returned a
> response status of 400 Bad Request
> ERROR: Bad Request;local/org.apache.falcon.FalconException::org.
> apache.falcon.FalconException:
> <head>
> <title>Error 404 NOT_FOUND</title>
> </head>

> This error looks almost exactly like what was reported here a few years
> ago:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org/msg03621.html
>
> Suggestions or ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Aaron Turner
> https://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic
Syn Fin dot Net | Streaming Thoughts from Syn to Fin<https://synfin.net/>
synfin.net
It's been a few years, but I really wanted to do a write up how I came to build
my race bike: a Suzuki SV650 powered Ducati 1098S- or as I like to call it, a