I have created a patch to add the maven bundle plugin to the pom. You can find it in the jira issue. While the headers look good then I am not sure if this is enough to really use commons logging in OSGi.

I typically use pax logging for logging in OSGi. It already supports all big logging APIs including commons logging and makes sure they can also be configured using a log4j config file. So as there is a nice solution I am not sure how much we should invest to make commons logging working standalone. On the other hand if the commons logging API jar is a bundle then perhaps the commons logging
api can be removed from pax logging and just deployed as a bundle.

Christian