On 12/12/14 15:00 , Bob Paulin wrote:
Hi Richard,

Here's an approximation of what the CT code is doing:

//First we get the native requirement for filters
String filterDirective = "(&(osgi.native.osname~=mac os x)(osgi.native.processor~=powerpc) )"

//Create filter object
     Filter filter = getContext().createFilter(filterDirective);

//Mock what the framework would be providing
Map macPPC = new HashMap();
    macPPC.put("osgi.native.osname", "Mac OS X");
    macPPC.put("osgi.native.processor", "PPC");
assertTrue("filter does not match map: " + filter + ".matches(" + macPPC+ ")", filter.matches(macPPC));

The above fails since the CT test would not go through any logic to add aliases to the macPPC object. Does this help or are you looking for something else?

Perhaps I still don't understand where the macPPC comes from. If it comes from the framework's actually native capability, then I would think it would use an list type for the values of osname and processor than contained all known aliases.

If, on the other hand, macPPC is being created directly in the CT, then I don't see how it would work.

-> richard

- Bob