Hello Community

I have been implementing Offline Functionality to Mifos Community app using
using Service workers API and its multiple libraries as my Google Summer of
Code project

Community app currently logs out if the browser is closed and if the user
is idle for some time, everytime we have to input username/password to
authenticate the user back again and this is bad UX according to my
experience. User should always be signed In seamlessly, making sure user is
secured.

In community app, all the logic is already written, we are storing data in
localStorage , you all can see in local storage section in the developer
tools. We are storing the user data in encrypted form in Local storage.

In MainController.js (L- 137), code written is that whenever users closes
the browser or sits idle, it logs out the browser which i think can be
commented out to gain the offline functionality to the user. By this way we
can direct navigate user to their home page even if the user is offline and
user will be securely authenticated also.

I want the view points of Nazeer and mentors, Going this way will there be
a security threat, will user will be secured ?

This way also ensures a seamless sign in flow without any hassle to the
user, let me know all your thoughts ?

Regards
Mohit
--