Hello everyone,

I am a GSoC 2018 intern working on the Group Service for Apache Fineract CN.

I have learn a lot from the community over the past few months and I am
very grateful to the
community, the developer and architects of this great platform. I am also
thankful to my mentor,
Awasum Yannick and Isaac Kamga for all the patience and help offered this
far.

My project was divided into 2 phases:

1. Was to consume the existing Group APIs available in Fineract CN and
incorporate them into fim-web-app
2. To add group management features and extend the back-end to take more
group lending and saving use cases

So far,
   - I am almost done with consuming the endpoints within fims, thanks to
Mark Van Veen for all the help
   - I am getting ready to start working on the back-end and i will like
help on the following:

a.) It will be great and will ease my work if someone could help me with
the design, architectural and
user specs for the current implementation of groups so that i can complete
the back-end as originally intended.

I am hoping there was a design document or an approach used when this
service was initially developed.
Markus, Myrle, please help me here and i will really appreciate it to get
some clarification and additional help with
 the specifications and how i might proceed.

b.) I will need help understanding how i might link group service to work
with deposit and portfolio services
to provide group savings and lending. And also how this might affect
accounting service.

c.) I will like help if other business users identify and elicit
requirements on Confluence wiki about group
lending and savings use cases. If they are written down, it will be great.
If you answer on site here,

I can gather the requirements together and put on Confluence. Ashok and Ed
are already helping
with getting Pembe and I to understand the group requirements and please we
need more input from more
experienced developers.

Thanks very much,

Ruphine Kengne

P.S : I am re-posting because the first time the email appear too clumsy
and unreadable.