Hey James,

Ditto to what Awasum said.

Your repo is public (I checked).  Cloning is a read operation.
Therefore, you should be able to clone without any authentication
whatsoever.

Which gradle command are you using to build fineract-cn-lang?
./gradlew build ?  or ./gradlew publishToMavenLocal ?  Or are you
building from within an IDE?  Which one?

Have you followed the instructions here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN
?

Best Regards,
Myrle