Hello All,

The travis build including integration tests is now passing on Fineract
(See
https://travis-ci.org/apache/fineract/builds/502297783?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification).
However, the root causes of intermittent failures have not been permanently
addressed and consistent runs are achieved through temporary hacks. Details
and further action items follow

  1) 1 Test case was failing due to the existing behavior of application of
Annual fees on savings accounts. The same has been fixed by altering the
current functionality and an explanation of the same can be found at
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-720

  2) 5 Test case failures were caused by three distinct issues introduced
after 1.2 release. The same has now been fixed and a separate mail has been
sent out with details on improving our PR process to minimize the
introduction of such regression issues.

  3) 1 Test case is failing because of changes related to
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-574. The same has now been
ignored while we await a resolution on the issue. This needs to be sorted
before we can ship a new release.

  4) 4 Intermittent test case failures are associated with the Office /
Client /Loan /Savings excel imports and associated test cases. These test
cases have been ignored and an Issue for the same is raised at
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-719 . I believe these failures
do not block shipping of Fineract releases.

  5) A number of test cases (>5) fail as a result of Timezone issues. The
cause of the failures and the details of the permanent fix required is
listed at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-723.

  6) Some test cases seem to fail on the 1st of every month due to a
combination of issues with test cases themselves, possible(?) application
and Timezone issues. A placeholder issue for the same is created at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-722.

The failures related to (5) and (6) have been overcome by setting a fixed
date and timezone for the travis build. Since these issues are present from
the 1st Fineract release. they shouldn't block us from making new releases.
I am hoping these tickets get picked up as a part of GSOC.

Regards,
Vishwas