Hi Fineracters,

Normally about 1.5 is the minimum recommended RAM for Fineract v1 and some
docs suggest 4Gb is good. I have run PHP, Ruby and Perl applications on VPS
with 1Gb RAM (though some PHP applications can even require 10Gb). I was
reading this thread
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-Node-js-helps-in-reducing-server-costs-compared-to-PHP-and-Java-servers
saying
that NodeJS can handle many more requests with the same resources.

I think that if we can find a way to run Fineract on a Raspberry Pi, it
would be very cool to demonstrate at the next ApacheCon and also will help
address some of the memory issues that cause Fineract to crash requests
with OutOfMemoryException. Per the above thread, Java Web servers can be
designed with multiple threads per process but it is much easier to write
them with single thread per process, so would an alternative multi-thread
per process Java Web Server help make it possible to run Fineract on a Pi
3b+ or we should just wait till a future Raspberry Pi ships with more RAM?
Thoughts please.

--
Best Regards,
Terence Monteiro,