When I started to build using the instructions on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN,
 I followed the recommended option 1 in Step 2: Get Program Code and ran into
some issues when I ran gradle build (remember, I am trying to do this on a
Windows laptop – probably not the ideal environment, and perhaps I should find
a Linux build environment, although we don’t really use Ubuntu):

  *   I ran into:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.gradle.api.internal.ClosureBackedAction
Found that I needed to add the following in plugins to the build.gradle file to
resolve that:
id "io.spring.dependency-management" version "1.0.8.RELEASE"
  *   However, I then got an error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
io/spring/gradle/dependencymanagement/DependencyManagementExtension
Found that I needed to modify the id "org.springframework.boot" in build.gradle
plugins to version "1.5.21.RELEASE"
  *   Then it looked really promising.  But then I got an error:
org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task
':licenseMain'
This was ultimately resolved by adding the following lines to the license
section of the build.gradle file:
skipExistingHeaders true
ignoreFailures true
and adding the following lines before the license section
gradle.startParameter.excludedTaskNames += "licenseMain"
gradle.startParameter.excludedTaskNames += "licenseTest"

Don’t know how relevant this is to the rest of the community for builds done on
Ubuntu, the preferred OS.  So, it is up to you guys to decide whether you want
to create a JIRA to rectify some or all of this, or ignore it.

Rohit