Saransh,

yes, totally agree, of course fixing any failing test is the best, and any
contributions for that would be very helpful.

The point we are making with
https://github.com/apache/fineract#pull-requests is obviously not ;) that
we don't welcome help with fixing flaky tests, but simply that we cannot
block people's PRs on anything else due to clearly unstable ITs. A project
cannot stop parallel work and just grind to a complete halt because of some
failing tests - as important as fixing failing tests ASAP is, yes, of
course.

I do meanwhile firmly believe that ignoring tests, IFF they are proven to
be unrelated to a change proposed in a PR (as the README states), and then
having separate investigations by interested parties to re-un-ignore any
fixed tests, is the right strategy. Hope you agree?

Best,
M.
Michael Vorburger
http://www.vorburger.ch