Hey Paul,

Fineract backend can be used to set up a neobank with the help of multiple
APIs such as Interop, financial products such as Loan, savings which can
create checking DDA type accounts too, these financial product's txn APIs
and self user APIs & so forth.
I admit that the Mifos X community app does show these features however as
the project is an offshoot of micro-finance, most of the functional
features and documentation make the use cases of MFIs and field officers
quite visible. This community is working on diversifying this documentation.

>>There are several neobank case studies which are harnessing the Fineract
platform as we speak to set up such fintech with diverse financial
offerings. Textbook case, you can set up a Payments bank too with Fineract
if the appropriate design principles are used.

>>The questions that you have are pertaining to a self user's Internet
banking facility or ability to check balances and operate on them. The $
amount transfers can also be tracked through the checking
accounts maintained in Fineract while the settlement/withdrawal/deposit
APIs can give you functionalities to maintain a granular level of IFRS
standard accounting. You should create your own interfaces to let your
account users interact with these APIs and txn processing beneath them.
All this is enough to launch a neobank provided that you also have some
sort of an event based sourcing service layer for further scalability.

Infact, our organisation has also delivered case studies such as yours for
banks in 2020.
You can also take help from several partners who built custom solutions on
top of Fineract.
I believe this derivative documentation which specifically points to such
use cases is here. https://docs.fineract.net.

If you have more questions, reach out further.

--
Ankit Müllner
Muellners ApS

This mail is governed by Muellners®  IT policy.
The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.