Hi Navtej,

About the timezone issue: I think a tip about this would fit better
in CONTRIBUTING.md under
https://github.com/apache/fineract/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md#developer-how-tos
, as well as a longer explanation in
https://fineract.apache.org/docs/develop/#_testing .

Unrelated (since you're just talking about PostgreSQL) but perhaps
relevant: I recall having issues with various gradle tasks when using
anything other than "Asia/Kolkata" as the timezone. Check out how all the
CI configs use that value, too (in .github/workflows/*).

Best,
-Adam

On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 2:30 AM Navtej Nair <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have submitted a Jira account request for the Fineract project
> (username: navtej2105). Could a committer review it when convenient?
>
> Context: I set up Fineract locally this week and hit a reproducible
> failure in the documented Quick Start. On a JVM whose default timezone is a
> legacy IANA name — Asia/Calcutta on Windows with India regional settings
> — ./gradlew createPGDB fails against postgres:18.3 with FATAL: invalid
> value for parameter "TimeZone". Recent PostgreSQL images no longer ship
> the backward-compatible zone aliases. I would like to file this and propose
> a short note in the README prerequisites.
>
> Thanks,
> Navtej Nair
>

Reply via email to