I think it makes sense to double the length of the four-letter short names
used for financial products. I’m not entirely sure why the earlier
restriction required exactly four letters, but I don’t see any downside to
allowing longer names.
ᐧ

On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 2:24 PM VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ <
[email protected]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Just to highlight to other Fineract users that there is an external_id and
> it doesn't have such restrictions.
>
> Regards
>
> Victor
>
> El jue, 24 sept 2026 a las 6:15, Ádám Sághy (<[email protected]>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am considering whether we should keep four-letter short names for our
>> financial products or extend the maximum length to allow more flexibility
>> in naming within Fineract.
>>
>> *Story*
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-2854
>>
>> *PR*
>> https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/6504
>>
>> Please share your thoughts on this matter.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adam S
>>
>

Reply via email to