Hi Apache Fineract Community,
I hope you’re all doing well.
My name is *Jay Sharma*, and I’m a Java Backend Developer. I’m writing to
introduce myself to the community as an active contributor.
A bit about my background:

   - My Tech Stack: Java (17/21), Spring Boot, Spring Security, RESTful
   APIs, MySQL, and AWS.
   - My Experience: I have backend experience in building  applications,
   handling database migrations, and configuring cloud infrastructure.

My contributions so far:
I’ve already started diving into the codebase and recently fixed a
validation bug in the post-dated checks processing module (FINERACT-2805).
The fix involved correcting core parameter evaluation logic by switching
misreferenced field variables from this.accountNo to this.checkNo to ensure
database validation accuracy. I really appreciate the module maintainers
who collaborated with me to test and merge the code!
Why Fineract, availability & mentorship:
Fineract is my very first experience working with a financial system, and
I’m highly motivated to learn core banking architectures inside out. I am
currently able to dedicate most of my day to consistently contributing to
the project.
Since I have experience in backend development—including database layer
optimizations (HikariCP, query tuning, DTOs, Interface projections, etc)
and security configurations.I would love to challenge myself with mid-level
backend problems where I can add real value. I would welcome any guidance
or mentorship from experienced contributors on core components so I can get
up to speed quickly and maximize the impact of the time I'm putting in.
Where I hope to help out:
Given my active daily schedule and backend background, I’m eager to pick up
tasks related to:

   - Data validation, core transaction logic, and API optimization/latency
   bugs.
   - Backend enhancements across Spring Boot, Spring Security, or the
   database migration layer.

I’m keeping a close eye on the mailing list and the Apache Fineract Jira
Board. Please let me know if there are specific modules, ongoing tasks, or
mid-level bugs where I can get started.
Looking forward to collaborating and building with you all!
Best regards,
Jay

Reply via email to