Yalu,

Ed is correct. Joda as the de facto data/time library in Java (prior to
Java 8) was used on Mifos X.

Its currently doesnt include Vikram Samvat as a supported Calendar but it
is possible to extend Joda and implement a chronology for Vikram Samvat see
http://www.joda.org/joda-time/key_chronology.html

You may want to get in touch with the Joda community (http://www.joda.org)
and look at their source code (https://github.com/JodaOrg/joda-time) to
understand how to write your own chronology that you can plug in and use.

regards,
Keith.