Hey Folks,

Good news: this is resolved. I did some additional testing on xenial boxes we
previously had successful builds. The culprit was eslint v6+. So, I’ve
regressed gulp-eslint to the previous major version (v.5), to pull back eslint
(dependency) to a previous version (v5.16). Now builds are passing on node.js
12.2.0.

I’ll send this report to eslint—didn’t see any other error reports and there
isn’t any guidance on testing against different OS.

Also, added some additional lines to our build proc in Jenkins to report
Node/NPM and Ubuntu version. This should be helpful down the line—at least our
last successful build was on a 16.04.6 Ubuntu node, which is getting a little
stale. I’ll write an INFRA ticket about maybe updating a few of these build
servers to upgrade their Ubuntu versions.

Thanks again for helping with testing and running this madness to ground.

Josh