Erik;

renamed IASNodeStrategy to INodeStrategy

I disagree, please rename that interface back to IASNodeStrategy.

The only method it has is handle(IASNode node), notice the IASNode. It is a IASNode handler strategy.

Can we please be a little more pragmatic at this refactoring and renaming? I don't understand what compelled you to want to rename that interface.

I'm really not liking this 'common' folder at all. I really believe common API belongs in it's own package, not sub packages of a common directory. Look at how the falcon framework is laid out, they do not abuse the common directory.

Putting codegen and things on a common directory when there is already a codegen directory is redundant and confusing for others in the future. That being said, I said it was MY mistake not making a codegen and driver directory in compiler. If you want to refactor, do it right and make a codegen, driver in the compiler, then move the 'as', 'js' and 'mxml' into the codegen package and axe the common package.

Mike

Quoting Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>:

Mike et al.,

I have a reasonably big commit lined up. To make AS embedded in MXML
work without doing duplicate work, I figured I could best use the
existing ASEmitter and subclases. To make this work, I needed to add
an ASBlockWalker to the MXMLBlockWalker and make adjustments to some
existing code (refactoring of interfaces and method signatures,
mostly). I was able to keep most of this trickery limited to MXML
classes, but I needed to make some changes to these 'common' and AS
classes:

- renamed IASNodeStrategy to INodeStrategy, as it is now 'common' and
used by both AS and MXML; this renaming touches 'a few' other classes,
like IJSEmitter and the classes in
'org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen'
- created IBlockVisitor and IBlockWalker as 'common' interfaces
- refactored IASBlockVisitor and IASBlockWalker to extend these new interfaces

All tests pass (I even managed to get a few more done for FlexJS) and
the road ahead seems clear...

Let me know if any of this will break anything beyond repair - or at
least beyond a little time spend adjusting code to the new - if I
commit these changes,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software